Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Kandy Kakes

I loves me some Tastykake!!! Never heard of them? The are an original Philly creation. You all know the Hostess Twinkie no doubt or the Little Debbie Chocolate Roll thingy. But let me tell you, "nobody makes a cake as tasty as a Tastykake!" My favorite is probably the Kandy Kake. The Kandy Kake is a small circular yellow cake with peanut butter on top and the entire thing is enclosed in chocolate. Girl Scouts sell sort of a similar cookie type of thing, but the Tastykake is sooo much better!! Recently Sharkey even became a believer! I've caught her sneaking a Kandy Kake here and there!



I grew up on these things. My Mom & Dad would get them for us every once in a while. We'd go take in a Phillies game and we'd get some Tastykake for the ball park. Or we'd go down to the NJ shore and grab some snacks before we headed out to throw in the cooler and we'd always throw a few Tastykakes in. My family had the standard fare we'd always cycle through: Taskykake pies, butterscotch krimpets, jelly krimpets, and kandy kakes. All are totally worth trying at least 1x trust me.

It's funny, my oldest brother moved to North Carolina and you cannot get Tastykakes there. I don't think they have them in Minnesota either. So for Christmas either my Mom or his father in law sends them a Tastykake assortment. No you may ask, are they really that good. YES. THEY ARE REALLY THAT GOOD!!!

2 comments:

Kranki said...

Mmmmmm. Those look delicious.

JP said...

kranki so I take it you have never seen one of these in the land of the maple leaf?