Sunday, May 06, 2007

Marriage Tip #2: Some Questions Do Not Require Answers

Once you are married things change. Let's face it. You are no longer free to do a lot of the things you used to do when you were single. There are also things that you may have worn before that you cannot wear when you get hitched. Case in point, there are some things I put on to go "out" in where I think I'm styling and looking sharp and then I'll come down from the 2nd floor and Sharkey will look at me and say, "You are not going to wear that are you?" At this point, you pretty much have that deer in the headlights look, blink 2x with a blank expression on your face, then think to yourself, "Hey look there goes my self image out the window. Oh no I think it was just run over by that 18 wheeler truck and look now the street sweeper just sucked it up to go get recycled!!"

Now for all you guys out there who have been married 7+ years like me, we all realized after the 4-5th time our wives asked us this question to not answer her and to go back up and change. But for those of you who are new to this thing we call "love" remember, when the wife says this to you she is not trying to elicit any response from you other than the one which has you going back up the stairs to take off the outfit which she deems hideous (which probably honestly is) and scares her eyes to something that meets spousal approval. So here in lies another tip for you. The wife doesn't want to talk about the outfit, and you don't want to spend the time talking about why the colors and cut don't go together, just get your ass up and change your clothes.

1 comment:

Character Builder said...

That scawes my eyes!