Monday, May 07, 2007

JP's New Career

Tomorrow will be interesting. See tomorrow will be a life changing type of day for me. Because when tomorrow comes I'll walk into a meeting with my manager and resign from my current job. This has been a long time coming. I've known for a while that I've reached the end of what I want to do for my company. And it seems the company has reached the end of what they want to do for me, so a few months back I started the official job search.

My father always said the best time to look for a job is when you have a job. So I looked around where Sharkey and I live and searched for a good company where I could learn something new and have some great opportunity to be challenged and energized. There are great benefits in looking for a job when you have one. You can be picky in what you choose and when you interview there's really no pressure. You have nothing to lose and the world to gain. And going into the interviews I had ( and there were several trust me) my attitude was to be myself, to not oversell myself, and to give it all I had. I felt that if the company really didn't like me for me, then they weren't worth working for in the first place.

So today I accepted an offer from a new company. I'll work the rest of the month then I'll take a couple of weeks off to reflect and decompress, then I'll start the new job. Sharkey is very excited and happy about the entire thing. Almost as much as I am in fact. I'm looking forward to it. I'm REALLY excited to pursue this opportunity and I'm pumped for the new challenge. I think the adrenaline and the perpetual smile on my face for most of today tells the entire story. I think the feeling I have is equivalent to hitting a home run, getting a hole in one, or making that game winning touchdown with 10 seconds on the clock.

So with all great victories in life, what are you going to do now JP?

Well, it's simple, Sharkey and I are going to Disneyworld!!!!!


Cinderella Castle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You deserve it Buddy and I know this new company is going to be so happy to have you.

Kranki said...

What great news! I am so glad you have found a new place to hang your shingle and that job excitement is back at an all time high.

JP said...

soozieq Thanks Pump Belt Girl!! I'm very happy to put this chapter to rest and start Act II.

kranki Yes, I'm actually feeling the happy, happy, joy, joy come back! Thanks!!