Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Home Stretch

I am 8 days from being unemployed and I'm LOVING IT!! Last week was pretty normal. Went to work, put up with the typical BS and did the day in and day out stuff. Squashed a few fires that came up, did the save the day Superman routine I'm accustomed to doing. This week however is totally different. I have entered the magical land of "INDIFFERENCE." It's amazing. Monday I go to work, I look up and totally developed "Short Timer's" syndrome in a matter of seconds of seeing the login screen. I've been disengaging from "work" conversations, I've hung up the Superman cape and have been responding to e-mail when I get around to it. See that behavior in and of itself tells you something, because you have to know when I'm working and an e-mail comes in I respond almost immediately.

I am a sounding board for a lot of people and they still call me to vent about what's happening here and there and what's wrong with this process, this person, etc. I'm sort of just listening, but I'm pretty relaxed. Again, indifferent. I still listen, but I just cannot get up any real energy into trying to make an effort to try to make a difference. I think I pretty much am in acceptance that "ATTENTION, ATTENTION,....JP HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!!!" My stages of behavior sort of reminds me of the Robot Chicken Giraffe...



Next Wednesday is my big after work happy hour partaaaay... to hang out with my friends and coworkers, some of which I've known for almost 10 years. It'll be interesting to talk about "the good old days..."


HEROES Last Night....

Totally sad to see this was the last episode for the season. I really liked the ending although it was a bit predictable. Sylar got the crap kicked out of him by all the heroes. Sort of poetic justice since he killed so many of them and stole their powers. I'm on the fence if Nathan really bit it when he flew Peter up into the sky. I'm looking forward to the new season in the fall. And I saw that NBC is bringing back the Bionic Woman. No Way!!!! I'm waiting for Sanford and Son 2008 to make an appearance again. What's old is what's new again?

Sharkey's Party

It was exhausting, put together rapidly, but it was FUN!!! A great time was had by all. Sharkey and I were sitting on the couch last night and I looked over at her and said, "Honey, we have a 3 day weekend and nothing planned to do!!! YAY!!!!!" It was also fun covertly feeding her best friends pictures which they made into a Powerpoint show for Sharkey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both Adrian and Milo are set to rejoin the cast in Season 2, so it's safe to say that Nathan and Peter will be back, whether for real or just as flashbacks or time travel visits or something...

I thought for the finale last night's show was a little bit of a let down, but it definitely left me excited for the fall.

By the way, you may know this already, but the online comics will be continuing through the summer, and also there will be an 8-week series before the regular season begins called "Heroes Origins" that will introduce several new characters and at the end the audience can decide which one will be made into a regular character on the show!

JP said...

lola Where do you find out about all this cool stuff!!? Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm not nearly as into all this a lot of people with way more time on their hands. There's lot of web sites out there with Heroes dirt, but I get most of my information from the Heroes forum at Television Without Pity.